Work Integrated Learning
STEM and Life Sciences benefit from on-the-job experience with the WIL pilot program.
BioAlberta is pleased to announce the expansion of the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Voucher for the STEM and life sciences sector on behalf of the Ministry of Advanced Education. We are continuing to work with post-secondary institutions and employers to help students and recent graduates connect with new learning opportunities and on-the-job training.
NOTE TO JOB APPLICANTS:
Under the conditions of the grant, you MUST be:
- an Alberta resident, enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at an Alberta post-secondary education institution and continuing your education the following term, OR an Alberta resident who graduated from an Alberta post-secondary institution within the last twelve months from the start date of the work term
- studying in fields related to life science, or that can be applied to life science (eg. STEM, engineering, business, etc.)
- under 30 years of age
- a new hire to the SME, ie. cannot have previously worked for the SME
- a new applicant to BioAlberta WIL funding, ie. cannot have received BioAlberta WIL funding in the past, even at a different SME
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note international students are not eligible for this funding.
SMEs must provide students with practical work in a field related to their studies within the Alberta STEM and life sciences eco-systems that enable the student or recent graduate to gain a better understanding of the company’s work and increase their job readiness. Eligible SMEs will be awarded $5000 in wage support for each candidate hired under the BioAlberta WIL Voucher.
APPLY NOW FOR SUMMER 2023 FUNDING. BioAlberta continues to accept applications on a rolling basis.
For more information or to apply, contact email@example.com.