What We Do
Bottom line? We work for our members and our industry.
BioAlberta is the voice of life sciences in Alberta, championing a thriving and competitive industry. We do this by facilitating and accelerating economic diversification, investment attraction, and job growth.
As a not-for-profit industry association, BioAlberta represents more than 230 members of Alberta’s growing life sciences community of researchers, producers and suppliers operating in specialized sectors. We enable success for our members by hosting networking and educational events and delivering policy options to governments, all with a focus on key strategic areas:
- Advocacy; Provide advice to policy makers and regulators at all levels of government to encourage policies that foster innovation, support modernization of Alberta’s economy, and increase investor confidence and attraction of capital.
- Industry Development; Work with founders and entrepreneurs to highlight success factors to grow new and emerging sectors of the economy
- Networking; Increase network of contacts and sources of capital through participation in member activities and events leading to a strong community of life science producers and consumers
- Promotion & Marketing; Promote the success, capacity and potential of Alberta’s vibrant life sciences sector to celebrate the success in life sciences
BioAlberta propels your company’s dollars and reach. Did you know our programs provide direct cost savings, giving you the opportunity to invest more in your growth?
- Saving on Lab Equipment & Materials
- Special Member Rates for all events
- Discounts on selection national & international conferences
- Exclusive Rates on HR and PR services
- Discounted hotel & car rates
- Special Programs for home, auto & director’s liability insurance
- Many more discounts within your membership package